Interview to Barbara Filipovic “Miss Universe Croatia 2016”
Barbara Filipovic represents Croatia, a very famous country not only because of football, beaches and a rich culture, but it is well known too due to its charming women. Miss Universe Croatia 2016 defines herself as adventurous, positive and determined.
- What and how is the city where you were born? The city I was born in is Zagreb, capital of Croatia. It is a beautiful Middle-European city, not too big nor too small, with lovely people and food. This year again it was named the best Advent Destination, second year in a row, and that makes us all very proud as tourists visit Zagreb from all over the world in December, to celebrate the festivities leading up to Christmas and New Year.
- Which part of your city would be the most attractive for tourists? Why? The most attractive part of the city would be the center because of its architecture and positive vibe, where tourists mingle among the locals.
- Have you lived there your whole life? Yes, I was lucky enough to live in this beautiful city, except a few months last summer, when I’ve been working as a model in Milan, Italy.
- What are your hobbies? My hobbies are horseback riding, skiing, singing (in the shower, haha) and cooking.
- How was your first experience in contests and what motivated you to participate?Competing at Miss Universe Croatia 2016 was my first beauty contest ever and I was lucky enough to win! I always wanted to represent my country and to be a part of Miss Universe, since I see it as an unforgettable experience.
- What did you have to sacrifice to have an ideal figure? I am one of the lucky ones with really good metabolism so I never really practiced any strict diets. I eat healthy and exercise, which I love, so I don’t really see it as a sacrifice
- What do you usually eat at breakfast?My breakfast is either a peace of bread with honey or sometimes with ham, or cereal.
- How to care for a cute figure in the simplest way? Exercise and healthy eating is the key.
- How have you prepared to represent Croatia in Miss Universe? I think that the key is to be as natural as possible – to be your self. Therefore I have been doing what I do anyway: eat well and exercise. Of course I took some make-up classes, walking classes. I will try to present Croatian culture and our way of living to 90 other girls from all over the world. I want people to get to know Croatia and to see what a beautiful country it is.
- What is the most difficult to be miss and model? It is not hard to be both if you are determined and love what you do. For me it’s both a job and a joy, which means I am dedicated to it and trying to give my best and I love what I do.
- What message would you give to young women who would like to follow your path and your followers in The Perfect Miss? To all the young women I advise to be themselves and not to blindly follow all the trends that are served. The most important thing is to find out who they really are and what are their goals and aspirations in life. They need to follow their dreams in order to be happy.